Monday, November 4, 2013

Ghana coach Konadu denies using national team to coerce players to join Kotoko

Ghana coach Konadu denies using national team to coerce players to join Kotoko Maxwell Konadu[/caption]


Ghana coach Maxwell Konadu has dismissed allegations he is using the national team to coerce players to join Asante Kotoko.


Fans of Hearts of Oak lashed at the coach of the home-based Black Stars team for convincing the8ir captain Moro Abubakar to dump the Phobians in favour of the Ghana Premier League champions.


The fresh allegations deepens the bad-blood between supporters of Hearts and the assistant Black Stars coach following an earlier attack by coach David Duncan over the unfair selection of players to the national team – especially the local Black Stars.


The latest charge on Konadu is his ultimatum to Moro Abubakar to join Kotoko in order to be favoured for Black Stars selection.


But the ex Asante Kotoko player and then coach has refuted these claims he calls ‘personal attacks’ – insisting he will do no such thing as a professional.


“This is clearly a personal attack, I mean I don’t control whatever is written on my Facebook page by others,” he told Fox FM.


“Anyone who knows how I work will tell you that I don’t discuss club issues when with the national team.


“And I tell members of my technical staff to do the same so it can never be true that I have asked any player to join any club.


“This has come at a time we are preparing for a tournament and that is my worry now.


“But I will remain focused on the job I have and will not let any negative accusation derail me.”


Source Ghana Soccer News



Ghana coach Konadu denies using national team to coerce players to join Kotoko

No comments:

Post a Comment