Friday, October 25, 2013

Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah: I am good to lead Black Stars at World Cup

 Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah: I am good to lead Black Stars at World Cup

Kwesi Appiah says he is ready to lead Black Stars at World Cup


Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah says he is own man and does not need the help of a technical director to carry out his duties as Black Stars coach.


Early this week, there was publication by a local football portal claiming Klaus Topmoller has held talks with the Ghana Football Association as technical director should the Black Stars seal a 2014 World Cup berth.


The Ghana FA has squashed that rumour and expressed their support for Appiah to handle the team.


Appiah, who masterminded Ghana’s 6-1 World Cup playoff first leg win, does not to be distracted by the ”false report”.


“My concentration is on the Egypt game and nobody has told me anything about any technical director,” the ex-Ghana captain told AllSport.com.gh.


“I signed a contract which ends after the World Cup so nothing has been discussed.


“As for working with others, it depends on how you put it. For instance I can need some guys with good technical ability to scout or monitor some teams for me.


“That is something that can be done and I have always been doing that so that is not a big deal. As for a technical director I don’t know what role he will play.


“Ghana has a technical director already so I don’t know where that is coming from.”


Ghana will play Egypt in the return leg on 19 November.


Source Ghana Soccer News



Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah: I am good to lead Black Stars at World Cup

No comments:

Post a Comment